What does one do on a weekend with blue skies and 90 degree temperatures?
1. Grills Burgers and “Guitless” Fries – (sliced red potatoes, 1tsp olive oil, sea salt and black pepper – baked at 425 for 1/2 hour) with homemade sweet pickles (courtesy of Gaga)
2. Sunbathes on the deck (flip-flops: similar style here, Apple iPad; hat: Target)
3 & 4. Cools off after a music fest on the river with Bourbon Caramel Gingersnap Gelato
5. Whips up fresh guacamole with leftover avocados and fresh cilantro from the herb garden. Guacamole – two avocados (peeled, pitted and smashed), chopped cherry tomatoes (I used 1/2 cup), 3 tsp lemon juice (I was out of lime), 1 tsp garlic salt, black pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire, fresh cilantro
6. Preps an herb garden (pots: The Home Depot; chalkboard labels: Martha Stewart for Staples)
7. Arranges a bouquet from her favorite rose bushes
8. Smiles at the first hydrangea bloom of the year
9. Catches Baby Jack and J snoozing after a fun-packed weekend of yard work, planting a vegetable garden, cooking, baking, going to a music festival, seeing The Five Year Engagement with good friends, catching some sun and starting a new kettle bell workout.